4/3/12

Quirky antique store goodies


Here's a recap of one of our recent thrifting adventures. We browsed one of our favorite thrift/antique stores and came away with a handful of quirky items, all for the home.

1. Tin filing system • After a few minutes of thinking what to use this for, I knew that it would be perfect on our handmade wooden factory cart table to house/hide remotes (we have a LOT of remotes for some reason) and such. It adds a bit of industrial to our wooden table. It's slightly beat up, but I do love it.

2. Ceramic camel planter • So excited to find this little guy! He now lives among the many other animal-themed decor in our house. Haha. I want to add a succulent to his back. I think the camel needs a name, no?

3. Three old hymnals • We've been on the hunt for old hymnals for quite a while... so happy we stumbled upon these buried beneath other books.

4. Seasons tin • I have a thing for old tins, and this is probably my new favorite. There are very scientific-y illustrations of each season on the sides. Love it.

5. Mushroom mug • Just a cute, random mug with yellow mushrooms.

6. Milk glass vase/jug • I also collect (cheap) milk glass and I thought this was a good deal for its size. Milk glass always reminds me of charming cottages.

7. Vintage tennis planter • We bought this for my parents (my dad is a tennis instructor), so technically I was reimbursed for this one. This planter would be cute for pen storage, too!

8. Two burlap coffee sacks • We've already put these coffee sacks from Colombia to use! Find out more here.

9. Vintage potato sack • Another steal on a burlap sack. Excited to find a place for this, because I love the bright colors against the burlap. Perhaps a pillow is in its future?


11 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I still can't believe I won! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't wait to wear my new earrings to Sarah's wedding and all spring long! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love meandering through consignment, thrift and vintage shops. You never know what old treasure you will uncover. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this article

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your website quite a bit up fast! What host are you the use of?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desire my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This content will help me to complete a paper that I’ve been working on for the last 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about once per week. I subscribed to your Feed too.

    ReplyDelete